Saturday, March 22, 2008

Answers and Wordshoot and Facebook, oh my!


I had fun with all the above, not to mention the Blog Readability Test -- the score is posted at the bottom of the right hand column.
At Yahoo Answers, I answered a question. A lot of the questions there looked strangely random or unanswerable, but I found one about purchasing comforters that I felt I had something to say about. And I earned points! Points are good.

Wordshoot was fun. I do think it would be good for anyone learning to type. I finally had to quit in the middle of my first game because I had gotten the idea and I didn't want to play it out to the bitter end.

I did the most with Facebook for this lesson. I recently took a trip and took a lot of digital photos (see above photo take at the lovely Getty Villa in Malibu, CA), and I know (because my daughter does it) that you can post photos on Facebook. So I did it! It was very easy to upload them from a folder on my desktop at home, but the really nifty thing was how I could edit them on Facebook. I added comments to each photo (date, location, etc). Boy, is that ever easier than labeling actual physical photos. I could use cut and paste for the same date, location, etc. Facebook also has this really great feature whereby you click on a person in your photo, and then type their name in. The next time you click on a person in a different photo, it will bring up all the names you have already inputted, so you just have to click which one you want. Then, when you're viewing the photo, you roll your cursor over the person and the name appears! The wonders of modern technology... I will definitely keep using Facebook for photos.

No comments: