Saturday, March 29, 2008

Imagine How Thrilled I Am...

...to do more with audio (podcasts) and RSS!

I did say that I'm not much of an audio person, right? I'd rather read than listen. Takes less time and I can skim if I'm getting bored. So the radio style podcasts simply make me want to read their scripts and not bother with all the downloading etc etc. What a fussy little twerp I am.

But what joy to realize that I can get the audio I don't want via the RSS I think is useless! Wow. I did add one podcast (Book Bites for Kids) to my Bloglines page, but I don't expect to use it much.

Of the three websites listed for locating podcasts, podcast.net wouldn't load and Yahoo podcasts brought up too many random results, but podcastalley.com had a useful search engine which allowed me to easily see information about each podcast and find out how often they podcast; I would use them again.

For people who like to learn by listening, I think podcasts are great. They could be a valuable library service for their patrons. I can envision podcasts on how to use the library, book talks, library news, and lots more.

Just make sure there's still printed material for visual folks like me.

No comments: