Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What's Up, Google Docs?

I had no idea that anything like Google Docs existed. Wow! What a handy thing! My first thought is that it would be great for writing. I'm an occasional writer, but I have my writing in so many different formats and medias, depending on how long ago I did it and what typewriter/computer/wordprocessor/pencil/pen I had, some of it is practically inaccessible. It would be great to get it all in one place, in one format, and easily communicated to friends or editors.

I can also see applications here at FVRL. For instance, BKC could post our list of shelves on the bookmobile that need refreshing, or even the list of what needs to be stocked for the next day. We could all access it (assuming the satellite connection was working!), add to it, and work from it, knowing it was up-to-date.

It is of course all based on Our Trust In Google. I think I would back-up my writing to my own computer, also. Back-ups are good.

PS The bulk of this post was directly uploaded from Google Docs. The title didn't come, so I added it now. I also couldn't figure out labels in Google Docs, but I think it's possible.

No comments: